Shelburne Museum Covered Bridge, Shelburne, Vermont
(originally Cambridge Bridge)
George William Holmes, 1845
Burr Arch, 168′, spanning Burr Pond, on Shelburne Museum grounds adjacent to Route 7. Moved from Waterville to the museum and restored by Bracket and Warren Hill in 1950-51. It served as the entrance to the musum until 1970.
One of only six two-lane bridges in the US, two of which are in Vermont (see Pulpmill), and the only one with a footpath.