1930 Lamson Goodnow As-Found Year Cancelled Checks Shelburne Bank Statements For Sale
This item has been shown 320 times.
1930 Lamson Goodnow As-Found Year Cancelled Checks Shelburne Bank Statements :
Accounting Department Correspondence
- Vintage - Original (not a scan or modern copy)
- 1930 Accounting Correspondence (I did not sort/read through to determine if it is all-encompassing)
- Box was opened (lid destroyed - you will get a similar lid from same period and style of boxes)
- You get UNSORTED As-Found entire contents of this box!!! Looks to be all of thier bank statements, deposit slips, and cancelled checks from 1930
- MAJOR FIND FOR HISTORIAN - If you are an industrial or banking historian... then this RAW SOURCE MATERIAL is bound to give you months of great study material. Mapping interactions, watching spend patterns... loads of data to be gleaned from this box
- I'd hate to see it broken up, but, if you are an antiques re-seller (as I am - but as you can see, I already have broken down 20,000+ files from this room...) you might find it profitable to separate out the thousands of checks contained here and sell them small-batch
- The only disturbance, likely since the 1930's when this box was probably packed, is that I pulled items out for the phots you see, I blew some dust off and discarded a few dried-up rubber band bits (you'll still find plenty though!)
- SHIPPING: If you are local, I suggest pick-up or I can deliver. IF IT SHIPS then I will re-stack items a bit and add some packing material to help stabilize the contents for safer transit
- Signatures: these are not verified - keep in mind it was/is quite common for "important people" to use Auto-Pens, Stamps, and "Authorized Signers" (often their secretary or assistant) so please consider when inspecting the signature on the page - if the word "Signed" is in the title or green part of the description, then there is a belief that this is at least a human-powered signature, rather than a stamp or auto-pen, but it is NOT a verified autograph of the company president or other featured person.
- DUSTY - DRY - Every attempt is made to get your item to you with care and in the same condition as pictured; however this is OLD DRY PAPER and there is always the possibility that it will further deteriorate in transit or with added handling. Please open the envelope with care and if your mailbox lacks a slot 9" wide, add a note to it reminding your carrier to NOT FOLD DOCUMENTS and provide a basket or other means for them to deliver without added damage.
- I perform
minimal cleaning - to reduce damage and because many wish to do things
their own way. Though my price reflects (in fact, it is the majority of
what you are paying for) the work needed to
catalog-list-store-retrieve-ship the item; if I spent too much time
cleaning and restoring items, the price would increase significantly.
- KEEP THIS FOR YOUR AUTHENTICATION RECORDS:
paperwork was found in the Lamson & Goodnow "Carriage House"
located on Conway Street in the Buckland section of Shelburne Falls, MA
on a milling property which has used the Deerfield River for power since
the 19th century.
- Majority of factory buildings - to include the carriage house, were sold to a private owner at sale in 2015
- In 2016 I was tasked with packing, palletizing, and transferring all materials to a more stable building in the complex so that work on restoration of the carriage house could begin
- In 2017 I purchased the lot and transferred it again to a different building on premises, where I now am sorting and cataloging a significant portion for: providing locals with a digital manifest of a sampling of items, identifying key items of local historic interest, offering the listed items here for sale to all interested parties throughout the region and world.
- Based on the
thickness of filth and local recollection, the items seen here have not
been disturbed in at least 40 years. Many records and invoices have not
seen the light of day since they were filed in their boxes at the end
of the year or quarter of creation!
will receive the item(s) pictured in detail in the first photos. The
final 3 photos are for your records and enjoyment: The Carriage House
(north face) - Shelf housing Molds located on 2nd floor on south side of
the open-deck work space - shelf in 2nd floor of east end records
storage room housing all of the paperwork which was removed
rather than raise the prices to offer "free" shipping I allow you to
choose your preferred method. There is a small (<$1.00) fee added to
rates to defray costs of cardboard stiffeners and other shipping
supplies. I COMBINE - it is BEST to ADD-TO-CART and
it should give you a proper discount. That said, the system is not
infallible, so if you are buying a bunch of paperwork and the shipping
starts to look crazy-high, fear not, I will provide a refund appropriate
to the actual costs involved in getting your valued items safely out
- See Photo(s)- the first few are of the actual item you will get (You will NOT get a building or shelves full of stuff... as noted above; these photos are provided here so you may have a historical reference for your purchase)