1936 Germany Olympics OLYMPISCHES DORF Official Postcard Mailed May 14th to USA For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
1936 Germany Olympics OLYMPISCHES DORF Official Postcard Mailed May 14th to USA:
1936 Germany Olympics OLYMPISCHES DORF Official Postcard Mailed May 14th to USA
Overhead artist's view of the Olympic Village for the athletes in Berlin, Mailed May 14, 1936 to Ohio USA. Does not have the Olympic Village cancellation due to the early mailing of this card (see citation below). Some nice Olympics postal history, I wish I could read the message in German. Condition of this original vintage postcard is just Good, with worn bumped and lightly bent corners, a small edge damage on top. According to one historical website: When the village was finished, it was opened to the public. From May 1 to June 15, 1936, approximately 370,000 people were able to admire the village. On June 10, the village was ceremonially handed over from the Wehrmacht to the IOC. The official opening with Hitler's visit to the village was on June 17. Three days later the first guests arrived: Japanese marathon runners.
230103 / 3543 R1/8/2023 large scans below offer the best description of the condition of the postcards offered. I will try to describe any defects that might not be apparent on the large scans I provide. Right-click the photos below in your computer browser to select "view image" in order to see a full-size image, and then offer with confidence.
A quick guide to the postcard grading standard we use: MINT: A perfect card just as it comes from the printing press. No marks, bends, or creases. No writing or postmarks. NEAR MINT (NM): Like mint but very light aging of very slight discoloration from being in an album for many years. Not as sharp or crisp. EXCELLENT (EX): Like mint in appearance with no bends or creases, or rounded or blunt corners. May be postally used or unused and with writing and postmark only on the address side. A clean, fresh card on the picture side. VERY GOOD (VG): Corners may be just a bit blunt or rounded. Almost undetectable crease or bend that does not detract from overall appearance of the picture side. May have writing or postally used on the address side. A very collectible card. GOOD (G): Corners may be noticeably blunt or rounded with noticeable slight bends or creases. May be postally used or have writing on address side. FAIR: Card is intact. Excess soil, stains, creases, writing, or cancellation may affect picture. POOR: Self-explanatory, sold as-is.
Orders over $10 will require package service with delivery confirmation. Additional purchases will be combined if bought same day, for one low shipping rate, if you follow the directions. Sales Tax may apply. Please read and accept my terms of sale below before you offer.IN YOUR COMPUTER BROWSER, RIGHT-CLICK ON A PHOTO AND SELECT "VIEW IMAGE" TO SEE THE ORIGINAL LARGE IMAGE:
You will find that the originals of the photos below are often larger than what provides above.
BY offerDING ON OR PURCHASING THIS ITEM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING SELLER TERMS:
1) COMBINED SHIPPING/POSTAGE:
a. I happily combine shipping (where possible, sometimes it isn't), but orders over $10 total will likely require tracking now because of unacceptable Postal Service delays resulting in INR claims. Tracking/delivery confirmation seems to speed up shipments. So there might not be a discount on several inexpensive items combined.
b. If you haven't paid yet for multiple purchases, please wait for a combined invoice, which may take up to 24 hours to send you. Don't worry, it's not a race to see how fast you can pay.
c. If you must pay immediately, make sure all the items are on the same payment transaction. I will then be able to combine shipping (if possible) and send you a partial refund for overpayment of postage. Some people make numerous multiple purchases with separate payments and look for a shipping discount. That will not happen, so please add your items to your cart, and when you are done looking at my stuff, buy it all at once. Thanks!
2) POSTAGE: All USPS postage rates are calculated using the most affordable (not the quickest) shipping class, based on a pre-sale estimated weight and size of the package. If you want to upgrade to a quicker, more expensive postal class, you must let me know BEFORE you pay.
3) INSURANCE: In the event of loss or damage on insured packages, buyer agrees to fulfill all requirements of the insurer in the processing of a claim, or forfeits their right to request a refund.
4) SALES TAX: has taken over all duties for sales tax collection for all states that require it. I have no control whatsoever over who pays sales tax, it is out of my hands. Please direct all questions/complaints to the good folks at .
5) INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not handled by the seller, but may be charged by if required by your country. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying. We won't under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws. We no longer ship merchandise via letter rate internationally, now that it is prohibited by the UPU and not trackable. All shipping outside of USA is now via parcels.
6) REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES: Seller is not selling the exclusive rights to reproduce images of the item offered. Buyer is of course free to reproduce as they wish, but seller retains and may exercise the right to reproduce any images of the item for any purpose before or after the sale, without permission from or compensation to the buyer.
7) LISTING DISCREPANCIES: If the Title, Description, and/or Photo on a listing do not match, for gosh sakes don't buy it. Mistakes happen. Let me know instead so I can fix the listing. If you do buy, the item described in the Title of the listing takes precedence over anything else. If you don't agree with that, I will cancel the purchase at your request.