Vtg Howard Miller George Nelson Model 623 Grandfather Clock Westminster Chimes For Sale
This item has been shown 755 times.
Vtg Howard Miller George Nelson Model 623 Grandfather Clock Westminster Chimes:
Vintage Howard Miller George Nelson Model 623
Mid-Century Modern Grandfather Clock
Westminster Chimes #150 Mvmt Runs
Strikes & Chimes Oak Ebonized Wood and Chromed Steel CaseItem Description
Note: All items in our store include NO sales tax to our US customers!
Here is a nice rare and unique Howard Miller Grandfather Clock designed by the famous George Nelson for your buying consideration. Would make a great gift for a special occasion, or keep for yourself!
Wow folks, here is a clock that we have only since once before and that was over 10 years ago. For you clock collectors out there, here is a rare chance to get this model clock for your collection. Cannot find another one of these models available online, let alone any information or images about this clock at all. So, again folks, a rare clock here indeed.
Howard Miller is and was known for their fabulous traditional and modern style grandfather clocks. This type of clock is referred to as a Mid-Century Modern.
This is one of about 150 George Nelson designed clocks (mantel, wall, and grandfather) that Howard Miller had them make between 1947 and the end of the 1980s.
This is the Model #623 Grandfather Clock. Still has the paper label on the back bottom of the case. The clock has a beautiful oak, ebonized wood, and chromed metal case. The case has some minor finish losses of the black paint that have been touched up. The knob for the door is still in place. No cracks, dents or missing pieces to the case. The four adjusting legs are still in lace on the base of the case.
The glass on the front of the clock is still intact, no cracks or blistering. The case door is still securely attached to the case by the hinges.
The clock has a large silver colored face with black numbering. The hour hand is white and the minute hand red. Some loss of the red paint on the minute hand.
This clock has been running, striking and chiming since we acquired it. The clock has a number 150 movement in it. Has the serial number of 687088 on it. This clock is weight driven. The weight shells and pendulum bob are chrome or nickel plated. Nice finish on them still. One weight has a slight ding in the shell. Does not show when hung the right way. The clock has a Westminster Chimes unit. So, chimes every quarter hour and then on the hour chimes and strike the number of hours. This clock is being sold in running condition.
This Howard Miller George Nelson Designed Grandfather Clock stands 63-3/8" tall, by 15.75" across, by 10-5/8" wide. The clock face is 6.5" across by 8" tall. Let us know if you have any questions or need additional pictures.Some information about the George Nelson design line of clocks offered by Howard Miller from the internet;
George Nelson Associates created the first clocks for Howard Miller in 1947. It is estimated that there are over 150 designs. The first creation was "Clock 4755" (Ball Clock). All clocks were electrical. Electrical wall clocks were available with a cord & plug or as a "Chronopak" which mounted in a standard outlet box.Howard Miller discontinued the line in the 1980's. Vitra picked up the line again in the 1990's. The original clock designs were simply given numbers by Howard Miller. A Ball Clock was simply sold under "Clock 4755", a Sunflower Clock was sold under "Clock 2261". Most clocks were available in several color variations. The Ball Clock was available in six color variatons, the Sunflower Clock in three. Also interesting to note is that "Clock 2238" which we know as the Eye Clock was marketed in Howard Miller brochures in diagonal position, not horizontal. The image on the right was created by George Nelson Associates and was printed on most sales brochures of the Howard Miller clocks.
The clock is too delicate and heavy for shipping safely via normal shipping options, so this clock is for local pick-up in Wilmington, DE. We can arrange for a packing/shipping quote from a couple of carriers we regularly use. A lot of our customers also use a company like Antiques Express that do blanket shipping (I would pack out the inside of the clock in this situation, rest would be your carrier's responsibility). You need to understand that a blanket ship company can take 6-8 weeks to deliver an item.
We will also offer to deliver the clock within 250 miles of Wilmington, DE one way. Price would be $.70 per mile for the round trip delivery plus any tolls/parking fees.That offer is for delivery only. If you want us to set the clock up (setting pendulums, faux weights, and leveling of clock in position you choose), that would be an additional $50.Should we agree to deliver this clock to you, and you decide to return the item, for whatever reason, such delivery charges are not refundable.
As can be expected when dealing with a vintage clock, some adjustments may be needed after shipping to get the clock re-running correctly again as they can be very delicate. If you have not had experience with old mechanical clocks before, I would suggest you steer clear. One really needs to have the patience, and skill to work with these great works of art. They are not our modern plug in and go, or change the battery clocks. Please ask any questions relating to this matter, before you decide to purchase it.
Make sure that this clock meets your needs and requirements before deciding to acquire it. The item can be returned, there is a 10% restocking fee to do so. So, please carefully review all the attached pictures,ask all the questions you have, come see in person or send a friend to see the item on your behalf, prior to deciding to acquire it. Don't be shy to make an offer, we are always open to reasonable suggestions!
Please check out our other Timeless Tokens store listings as we are regularly adding new items. We specialize in antique and vintage artwork, books, collectibles, furniture, musical instruments, paper ephemera, marine/nautical, and clocks. Thanks for your business. (K16043).Payment Policy
- PayPal is the only form of paymentaccepted.
- PayPal allows you to pay via an accepted credit card or a transfer from your bank account.
- Immediate payment is required for items where thefull listing price is paid.
- When a best offer price is accepted, the sooner payment is made, the sooner your item will be shipped.
- Once full payment is received, your item will be shipped on the same or next business day (depending on the time of day the purchase is made). For example, an item paid for on Tuesday will be shipped no later than end of day Wednesday. An item paid for on Friday will be shipped no later than end of day Monday.
- U.S. Federal holidayswill impact shipping dates.
- Shipping is availableto:
- 48 contiguous U.S. states andCanada.
- Select countries (disclosed inindividual item description).
- PayPal confirmed addresses only.
- No APO/FPO delivery.
- Items will be shipped via USPS or UPS Ground,based on thebuyer's preference.
- Shippedon the same or next business day following receipt of full payment.
- UPS/USPS tracking number will be provided.
- Shipping includes the cost of insurance, where applicable.
- Special shipping requests can be communicated and agreed upon at the time of sale.
- A separate handling charge may apply to certainitems that require additional packaging in order to ensure safe shipping. Please refer to the individual listings to see if a handling charge applies.
We take great pride in is our wrapping to ensure that your order is safely shipped to you. You might find our shipping costs higher than other sellers, but it is due to the extra time, packing care, and materials we utilize. Of over 2,000 packages shipped in the last 2 years, we had only five items with issues, a 99.8% damage free delivery rate. Keep in mind, we are not shipping soft goods, like shirts or pants. We are shipping vintage/antique items that are fragile and require special care.
We also obtain insurance on any item that was bought for $50 or more, and require signature on delivery for items that are valued at over $200. Plus we have to pay the 11.75% of the final value and shipping fees that and PayPal charges.Returns Policy
- Returns are accepted by seller within 14 days of receipt of item by buyer. The Buyer will be assessed a 10% restocking fee should they decide to return this item for whatever the reason..
note that a restocking fee is charged toto cover costs related to the
loss of listing time and other potential sales, plus the amount of care
and time that goes into preparing our unique and fragile items for
- In compliance with 's buyer protection program, the purchase price plus original shipping costwill berefunded to the buyer once the item has beenreceived by the seller, minus the 10% restocking fee noted.
- Buyer would pay for thereturn shipping cost and any applicable insurance cost (item is buyer's financial responsibility until safely returned to the seller).
- All items are as described, withany item history, known defects or imperfections disclosed in each listing.
- Item description andpictures should be carefully reviewed prior to purchase.
- Any questions or inquiries or any additional pictures should be requested of theseller prior to purchase.
Since one of our most important goals is to provide each buyer with outstanding customer service, we ask that you please contact us to resolve any issues regarding your purchase before leaving response and a DSR Star rating. We will do our best to immediately resolve any concerns/issues you have so that you are fully satisfied with your purchase.
In order to help serve you better, any positive response you can provide on your shopping experience would be greatly appreciated!About Us
Welcome toTimeless Tokens, our online store offering antiques, collectibles, and conventional merchandise for every need and occasion. Timeless Tokens represents the fulfillment of a long-held dream ~ to create a business that allows us pursue our passion for finding unique collectibles and everyday items that can be shared with and appreciated by all.
In addition to offering unique, quality products that we hope you’ll enjoy, we also strive to provide outstanding customer service that will encourage you to visit often and trust that your purchase will be treated with special care.Our listings are updated regularly and centered on items that we know best - vintage artwork, clocks, collectibles, toys/modeltrains, musical instruments, and decorative boxes. We appreciate your taking the time to visit our store, and hope you will provide us response that will enable us to make your shopping experience the best it can be.
Referrals are an important part of our business. If you, as an buyer, are happy with our products and service, please pass our store name along to friends, family, neighbors, and business associates.