Rare 1890 STUDIES OF WESTERN LIFE Cowboy Artist CHARLES RUSSELL Granville Stuart For Sale
This item has been shown 12 times.
Rare 1890 STUDIES OF WESTERN LIFE Cowboy Artist CHARLES RUSSELL Granville Stuart:
View more great items
1890 Original - Rare / Hard-to-Find
Studies of Western Life
by Charles M. Russell
"The Cowboy Artist"
22 Examples of Russell's Western Art - on 12 Pages
(Some are multiple-per-page.)
The very first piece is his lovely WAR.
With Descriptions by Granville Stuart
The dedication, written in nib- or fountain-pen, is repeated across two pages. It says that this was a present to Willie and Mollie Richardson from their uncle, L. F. Curfman of Cascade, Montana. There is no presentation date, but it is to be assumed that the item was new at the time, so it would be right around 1890.
Vintage "Cowboys 'n' Indians" Genre
Original Antiquarian Bound Miniature Art Print Collection
Publisher: The Albertype Co. - New YorkSize: 9-1/2" x 7-1/8"
Color: Black & White
[ CONDITION... ]
- From a non-smoking environment.
- Overall bookseller condition: VERY GOOD
- ALL pages are present. None of the pages are missing/torn/dog-eared/written on (other than the gift presentation by the uncle, as pictured). It is not bowed, creased ("sat-on"), water-damaged, or otherwise abused.
- The original front and rear covers AND COMPLETE ORIGINAL CORD are all present.
- The lovely gold title/author imprint on the front cover is still intact.
- The covers and cord show normal age darkening for a piece that's 128 years old.
- There are condition issues, all related to this having been given to children: "bumped" corners and stains on the cover, as shown; also what appears to be fingerprints throughout, along edges of all pages. The fingerprints do come off somewhat -- not 100% -- with a pink rubber eraser gently employed. But, I'm going to leave that decision up to you since, personally, I feel that they add honest antique patina (as a children's cherished belonging 128 years ago), and perhaps you would feel the same way. Or ... have at it with the eraser!
The above is my good-faith attempt to disclose all noteworthy issues. Keep in mind that vintage/antique items always show their age. (Don't we all!?) It would be impossible to mention every tiny detail, so please expect that there will be something about this piece that's not perfect.
PLEASE SUPERSIZE ALL PHOTOS, AND ASK ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE offerDING/BUYING. I'LL BE GLAD TO ANSWER.
[ ALL ABOUT SHIPPING... ]
DON'T OVERPAY FOR SHIPPING: U.S. purchasers, please be sure to check all shipping options I'm offering. Shipping costs can vary dramatically depending on your Zip code, so choose the one that best suits your needs. I never inflate shipping to make hidden profits. If you believe the shipping is too high, please contact me (with Zip code) and I'll be glad to double-check it for you!
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: By default, international shipping is through 's Global Shipping Program, which means the shipping rates are set by (outside my control). BUT ... If you live in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, or U.K., message me for possible options other than Global Shipping Program. (These countries have more flexible Priority Post options, but it depends on the size and value of the item you're purchasing.)
COMBINED SHIPPING: I will gladly combine shipping if you contact me before paying (for a combined invoice) ... and provided the items can travel safely in the same box.
WHAT, NOTHING TO COMBINE!? Hurry over to my store where you'll find more top-quality "Saddle Mountain Treasures" (Opens in a separate window/tab.)
[ RETURN POLICY... ]
I work hard to maintain Top-Rated Seller status and 100% positive customer response by:
(a) offering quality vintage merchandise with honest descriptions, and
(b) providing outstanding, professional customer service.
This item may be returned up to 14 days from purchase for either of two reasons:
- Dead on arrival: an item that is broken so it does not function, and the listing did not state this, or
- Significantly not as described: A major flaw or discrepancy vs. what was stated in the listing.
(Of course, shipping loss or damage is a different matter; that is fully covered by insurance.)
SORRY, WE CANNOT NEGOTIATE PARTIAL REFUNDS. The merchandise must be returned in its entirety, and inthe same condition as it was sent, in order to qualify for a refund.[Blurb required by for cell phone users:] *** PLEASE VIEW THE FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE offerDING. IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. THANK YOU. ***
If you are on a mobile device, click "Read More." Or, if you see a "Full Description" button, click on that.