New York, Ontario & Western Railway’s Middletown Branch, Vol. 1 For Sale
New York, Ontario & Western Railway’s Middletown Branch, Vol. 1:
Volume 1 of this projected two part series begins atCornwall, NY where the O&W branched off from the old West Shore mainline,headed west toward Middletown. This single-track railroad followed the route ofthe old North River Construction Company. With highly distinctive depots andstructures patterned after West Shore’s stick-style buildings, the O&Wserved the extensive dairy/milk industry of the region along with a solidpassenger business and other industries. Author Doug Barberio’s book covers thehistory of the line from the NRCC; the predecessor New York & OswegoMidland’s original connection into Middletown via the Middletown, Unionville& Water Gap at Unionville; the “new” NYO&W; building the new line fromCornwall; passenger and freight service; and so forth. This is a 96-pageb&w oblong softcover. Gloss paper. New shrinkwrapped copy. Retail is$20.00.
- Depot Square Publishing has been in the railroad book business since 1994. We publish our own books, produce books for other publishers, and sell other railroad publishers' titles.
- If you have any questions about any of our listings, please ask.
- We ship to all 48 contiguous states, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- All new books that are not factory shrinkwrapped are done so here. New softcovers have a cardboard stiffener added before shrinkwrapping. All new and used books are wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in new bookfolds or boxes with additional spacers and/or packing to prevent damage. Unusual or oversize books may need to be shipped in special cartons.
- Normal shipping is 1-2 work days after confirmation of a paid order.
- USPS Media Mail shipping is $6.00 for the first book and $1.00 for each additional book thereafter.
- We e-mail all buyers with confirmation of shipment, estimated delivery date, and the USPS tracking number.
- If not satisfied, all books are returnable for full price ex shipping, within 30 days of purchase. Buyer pays return shipping.