Martin Luther King Jr 1964 Solider Field Peace Rally Historic Original Photo Set For Sale
This item has been shown 1439 times.
Martin Luther King Jr 1964 Solider Field Peace Rally Historic Original Photo Set:
Martin Luther King Jr 1964 Solider Field Peace Rally Historic Original Photo Set
- An incredible photo set, picturing the first person perspective of famed Civil Rights Jazz Photographer Ted Williams at the Historic 1964 Chicago Peace Rally at Solider Field
- Photoset includes 37 (Only 12 pictured in listing, for full photoset and signatures on reverse pleasevisit our website) Orginal Photographer Photo Proofs
- Photos were developed 2 years afterward in 1966 by Ted Williams Himself
- Photoset comes in an elegant box with each photo separated with wax paper to protect the images, as well as a glove to protect against finger prints
- More more information pleasevisit: style="margin: 0px 0px 1.25em; font-size: 15px; font-family: proxima-nova; line-height: 1.6em; color: rgb(69, 69, 69); word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Illinois Rally for Civil Rights 1964:On June 21, 1964, Soldier Field in Chicago played host to the Illinois Rally for Civil Rights. The principle speakers were Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., President and Founder of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, and Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh, President of the University of Notre Dame.
The rally, whose operating costs reached $25,000, opened with two hours of jazz and gospel music and entertainment, including a 5000-voice choir led by gospel signer Mahalia Jackson. General admission was free, but priority seating was available for $2-5. Nearly 150 various organizations promoted the event, distributing 1.5 million flyers in Chicago, and brought their members to the rally by the bus-full. A crowd estimated of between 57,000-75,000 people of diverse walks of life, races, and faiths endured early rain and later sweltering heat in Soldier Field, standing in solidarity of racial equality.
Free US Shipping with Insurance Included.
All items are professionally packaged and shipped. All shipments include insurance and delivery confirmation or signature confirmation.
Local Pick-up is available in our showroom. (Contact us for payment methods to pay on pickup.)
Worldwide Shipping at Buyer’s Expense
*The customs requirements for each country, including all import duties, taxes, and fees are the responsibility of the buyer. All international packages will have the required customs declaration and value of order.
9% sales tax will be added.
Your continuing satisfaction is very important to us. We offer a 14 day money back return policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please notify us so that we can begin the returns process. All items must be returned in the same condition that it was received. Please note that the buyer is responsible for return shipping and a 15% restocking fee may apply. If the item is returned, buyer may be responsible for initial shipping costs.
As one of the largest Coin & Jewelry Companies on the west coast, and also one of the best gold buyers, Continental has been the destination for coins, jewelry, fine art and collectible buyers and sellers for over 45 years.
Whether you’re looking to buy items or interested in selling gold and silver for cash, sell coins, or a variety of other collectibles, we are here to help. All items for sale are available for viewing at our Southern California showroom. We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let us know, and we will respond as soon as possible. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please click "Ask a question" below, and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
Continental Coin and Jewelry Company Web Department:
Monday - Friday,from 10:30am - 6pm PST
Visit Our store: Continental Coin and Jewelry