LOT 1896 antique 8 PHOTOGRAPHS plainfield nj OSCAR TEALE HOME architect magician For Sale
This item has been shown 54 times.
LOT 1896 antique 8 PHOTOGRAPHS plainfield nj OSCAR TEALE HOME architect magician:
LOT 1896 antique 8 PHOTOGRAPHS plainfield nj OSCAR TEALE HOME architect magician
ClickHEREto view or search ANTIQUE.COTTAGE listings.
This listing is for the lot of albumem photographs shown; identified as the home of Oscar S. Teale. He was an architect so it's no wonder we have these amazing photos of his home, architecture. Research shows he also live in New York.
The cardboard backing measures approx 10"x12". The photos measure approx 6.75"x4.25".
Identified as follows:
1. Cabweb? Hall, home of O. S. Teale, Plainfield N.J. 1896 (now 67 mercer ave, plainfield nj 07060)
2. Banquet Hall, looking into "salon" saloon?
5. Cobwed Corner of Ido Drums, Room of O. S. Teale
6. "Haven of Rest" looking into Mrs. Teale's room "Recreation"
7. "Reception Hall"
8. Anna's Snuggary"
From wikipedia: Teale was born in New York City. He worked as an architect by trade and was interested in magic. He was the fourth President of the Society of American Magicians. He worked as a private secretary for magician Harry Houdini. He wrote a series of articles on magic and debunking spiritualism in the Sphinx magazine in 1925. In July 1925 it was alleged that Houdini and Teale visited the offices of Houdina Radio Control and damaged most of the furniture by smashing them against the floor and walls. Houdini had accused the company of using his name unlawfully. A summons for disorderly conduct was issued against Houdini but the charges were dropped because George Young the manager failed to appear in court.
Teale worked as an editor, illustrator and ghost writer for Houdini. He stated that Houdini contributed fragments to his books but the majority of the writing was done by hirelings. When Houdini's book A Magician Among the Spirits (1924) was published, Teale stated that he had written "the damnable work". Teale designed the exedra monument for Houdini's family. In October, 1916 it was installed at Machpelah Cemetery. He was elected into the Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame.
CONDITION: Scroll FULL DESCRIPTION to see MORE PHOTOS.
- Pennsylvania residents to pay 6% sales tax which we collect and pay.
- International buyers are responsible to pay VAT or other Taxes to their countries as required.
- collects sales tax on behalf of other states. We do not see this tax as it is between and you and your state. Not all states require to collect tax. This is a newer law. If you are a dealer, you can write to to file a form to become tax exempt.
Powered by SixBit's eCommerce Solution