Gorham, a Rare Artillery Shell Cocktail Shaker, circa 1918 For Sale
This item has been shown 666 times.
Gorham, a Rare Artillery Shell Cocktail Shaker, circa 1918:
Item Description: Gorham, a rare artillery shell cocktail shaker, circa 1918
Made by the Gorham Silver Company, with all of its original parts. This shaker is one of the tallest ever produced and, as a drink-making kit, it is a model of efficiency. Very tall and sleek. 6 brand new shot-glasses included.
Will be delivered polished without any marks.The brass base of the shaker serves as a container for glasses, and is crafted to resemble a WWI-Era 18 pounder shrapnel shell. The shaker ingeniously serves as the shell's top; crafted of copper and silver plate, it contains a removable interior strainer and is topped by a brass cap. Regarded among the ultimate cocktail collectibles, this beautiful mixer eloquently articulates the Art Deco fascination with flight and style.
This model is featured on page 22 of the cocktail shaker by Simon Khachadourian,
Signed with impressed manufacturer's mark to underside of each section Fac-Simile 18 pounder shrapnel shell patent applied for in America and foreign 1/2" high x 4" diameter.
Condition: Excellent condition
Gorham was known as one of the finest manufacturers of sterling silver and silver plate in the United States during the 19th century. Throughout its history, the company has received major commissions from the White House and has designed a number of trophies, including the Davis Cup for tennis and the America's Cup for yachting. Gorham's artistry, skill and superior quality is still widely recognized both in America and abroad.
- We have a fine selection of quality items for sale at Solomon Treasure.
- International as well as domestic customers are welcome - please contact us with questions regarding shipping or listings, and we will assist you quickly.
- All items can be inspected in-person or are available for pickup from our Gallery with no additional fee or charge.
- The authenticity of all items listed are guaranteed to be as represented - all efforts are taken to ensure accurate and descriptive condition reports and photographs.
- We reserve the right to use another shipping carrier other than what is listed to ensure your purchase arrives safely. Fedex cannot ship to a P.O. Box. Please contact us before or upon purchase if you have a preferred shipping carrier.