Certified Rare Engraved Shaman Ceremonial Tablet - COA & Appraised For Sale
This item has been shown 2547 times.
Certified Rare Engraved Shaman Ceremonial Tablet - COA & Appraised:
Certified, Extremely Rare Tablet with Incised FaceFrom the Famous B.W. Stephens Collection
This artifact has been appraised between $25,000-$40,000 with an Insurance value of $65,000 (see appraisal highlight picture info). This rare Shamans Tablet has been attributed to the mound builders.Item is legal to buy/sell under U.S. Statute covering cultural patrimony Code 2600, Chapter 14
Artifact Info:This ceremonial tablet has been identified and termed as a Shamans Tablet due to the features of this artifact versus a standard paint palette.
Line and geometric engravings cover the front to include an incredible human face emerging from the stone (gives it a 3D appearance), and line engravings appear on the back.The face symbols are Mississippian iconography. The symbol around the eye represents weeping and is known as an eye surround or forked eye symbol, which is well documented in scientific papers. The face also contains a distinct feature of just one eye. The symbolic missing eye could be interpreted as an injury resulting in the loss of an eye, or a birth deformity.
Evident above the face is a 2-1/2 inch diameter circular depression, 1/4 inch deep, with residue stains in which this area was likely used as a mortarfor grinding pigments or entheogens (plant material) for Shamanistic practices.This is a Rare artifact and is the only Shaman's tablet currently in existence that contains a human face. There have been a few Ceremonial Tablets recovered that are currently in museums. The majority of the tablets are round. Archaeological documentation notes that rectangular tablets are rare. This artifact takes the rarity to the next level with the human face emerging from the stone.
- No restoration. This artifact is fully in-tact, has some nicks in various places (please review pictures)
- Date estimate: 1000AD-1500AD
- Found in Colbert County Alabama, by Tennessee River, in 1901 (faded writing on front appears to read F Rice, Colbert County Alabama 1901)
- Size: Large 11-3/4 inches long x 9-1/16 inches wide x 5/8 inch thick
- Stone: Tight grained sandstone
- Color: Medium Green/speckled (camera flash used on some pictures to show detail make artifact appear lighter color)
- Incised carvings of geometric symbols
- Incised carving of an incredible human face
- Incised symbols on the face
- Scalloped edges
- Provenance: Ex B.W. Stephens Collection. This artifact is identified and documented in the famous B.W. Stephens catalog. This particular artifact has undergone scientific testing for a week to insure authenticity. Every inch of this tablet has been analyzed and has been confirmed as 100% authentic.
- The provenance documentation of this artifact from 1965, scientific Infrared Laser Spectroscopy, high definition microscopic analysis, archaeological consultation and expert appraisal analysis has certified this artifact to be genuine and 100% authentic.
- Certificate of Authenticity (COA), in-depth scientific analysis reports and expert appraisal(s) included with your purchase.
- Please review all large photos, COA and appraisal documents and video which shows every detail of this amazing artifact.
- Free Overnight Shipping, Insured, Signature Required for Delivery.
- Shipping Schedule: Same Day Shipping Monday-Friday 8am-2pm CST, Saturday 8am-10am CST.
Extremely Rare Engraved Ceremonial Tablet with Face - Top
Video of Artifact[isdntekvideo]
Extremely Rare Engraved Ceremonial Tablet with Face - Bottom
Video of Artifact[isdntekvideo] Thanks for looking.