Antique Stag Wostenholm Knife Sheffield Canada Civil Service Navy Sailors Rope For Sale
Antique Stag Wostenholm Knife Sheffield Canada Civil Service Navy Sailors Rope:
For your consideration is an antique Navy Sailors rope knife made by
George Wostenholm in Sheffield during the early 1900's for the Canada Civil Service.
The knife measures around 4" closed and 7" fully open.
- Blade face is marked "Canada Civil Service"
- Front tang marked " I.X.L George Wostenholm Sheffield England "
- This knife has been very well maintained for one that's over a 100 years old. Except for the light pepper spots / oxidation marks the blade has still maintained its mirror finish.
- Scales are made of a swell end stag antler weathered beautifully over time There's a crack on front scale near the bolster that may have been caused by a tight pin.
- Steel liners and bolsters have oxidation marks.
- Blade has excellent snap, opens and closes correctly and there's no wobble or play.
- Swell end has a hole for a bale.
Rare to find an antique Sheffield knife that's in such excellent condition.
A unique addition to the Canadian knife chest.