19th Century Hodders LTD Chemists Cabinet,Bristol UK For Sale
This item has been shown 164 times.
19th Century Hodders LTD Chemists Cabinet,Bristol UK:
Historical museum quality, 19th. Century Henry Hodder & Company Solid walnut chemist cabinet chest with the original sticker and contents intact.
Contents:18 large bottles91 Small bottles
Condition: Good original condition,with life wear due to age.
Dimensions:41.5” High28.5” WideOpened: 57” WideBio:Henry Hodder & Co Ltd (chemists) Broad Street, BristolThe firm was founded in 1846 by Henry Hodder who commenced business in St. Michael's Hill. In 1853 the business moved to 11, Broad Street where it remained for fifty years. During this time Hodder pioneered the "cash chemist" idea and was the first chemist in the country to sell patent medicines at "cut" prices. The firm became a limited liability company in 1887, with its first branch, followed by others, opening in East Street, Bedminster in 1896.The main business moved to 11/12 Wine Street in 1903. In December 1927 the firm became a private limited company and acquired a controlling interest in other retail chemists, including Hedges (Chemists) Ltd. When the main shop moved to 47/8 High Street in June 1937, the business had 30 branches operating from Bristol while Hedges controlled 27 branches in the Birmingham area. In 1968 Westons, the chemists, acquired the business and later became part of Dixons' organization.Our Guarantee: Items purchased online will arrive as described. Please check all the photos,you may click on it to enlarge images.