1890's Photo Album, Steamships, Quebec, Halifax, PEI, NY, Boston, Lighthouses #2 For Sale
This item has been shown 116 times.
1890's Photo Album, Steamships, Quebec, Halifax, PEI, NY, Boston, Lighthouses #2:
This is listing #2 for this album. Do not offer here. This listing is just so I can show you 12 more photos of the album. Go to listing #1 (with same title but without "#2") if you are interested in offerding. This listing carries an outlandish price so you won't offer here.
Just a wonderful photo album, circa 1890-1905, which seems to cover much of the North Atlantic Seaboard and its vessels and cities. It is 16x11". There are 110 photos. The photos are in mat pages--not glued in. Each is 4.5x3.5" and in good shape. There are so many interesting things to see and identify here that I'm going to make two listings just so I can double the number of photos I can show you. This is listing number 1. If interested please offer here. The number 2 listing will carry an outlandish price. Search for the same title and it should come up. Again, that listing is just so you can see an additional 12 photos of the album.
I'll go through and list some of the highlights and things I can identify. I found this album in Maine.
- Photo of what I believe is Fort Independence, Castle Island, Boston harbor
- photos gated entrance with cross in wrought iron
- Ferry Swampscot with a large white-hulled steamer
- Photo of shack with three young black kids
- Harbor and water views
- Levered well
- fish being layed out to dry in the sun
- Lighthouse with vertical stripes
- a birchbark teepee
- Cannon on a bulwark
- Photos of two three-masted ships
- Church with cock weathervane
- Ocean and park views
- Several photos of Citadel in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Several photos ships in Halifax harbor
- Slick yacht
- Harbor views
- great photo of a schooner heeled way over in front of a lighthouse
- a sparkplug type lighthouse
- Stone buildings in Charlottetown, PEI, including one with sign "Saunders & Newsom Daily Meat Market"
- 3-masted ship at anchor--fills the picture
- Several views of what appears to be a boiling river with twin bridges over it, a tidal rip?
- odd view with a cannon aimed up a cow's ass
- basement view of a fort with huge stone pedestal support
- Round stone lighthouse
- Folks boarding a ship from a small rowboat
- a great clear beach photo of dwelling made from driftwood
- Sternwheeler Aberdeen with a ship alongside
- What seems to be a large model of a sailing ship on a pond with an island water fountain
- a couple of photos of two-masted barges
- a few pages of photos of Quebec--city gate, statues, hotel, carriage, ships on the docks, small stone church, waterfall and river, street views.
- Warehouse type building with signs of W. Gagnon
- Large stone 4 column building with signs of J. Bergeron, Jean Drolet and G. Lapointe
- Large column monument
- Military review along the waterfront with ship beyond
- more intimate street and alley views
- and on the last page are two views of gaff-rigged yachts, and one of the Steamship Favorite of New York City.
Remember to go to the first listing to see more photos. Search for:1890's Photo Album, Steamships, Quebec, Halifax, PEI, NY, Boston, Lighthouses
See scans or photos for condition. Happy to answer questions.If this is an sale listing there is no "Buy it Now" price--please don't ask. We don't end sales early. If this is a "Buy It Now" listing we do not participate in the "Make An Offer" program--no haggling.Prices are our best price. Just takes too much time with so many listings. We don't answer offers. Glad to combine shipping on multiple items: Please email meBEFOREyou pay for multiple items so I can reduce your shipping cost. Good response automatically given reciprocally. And finally, we don't do "Partial Refunds". You must return the item so we can offer it to the underbuyer. Thanks for looking.