"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword Marked Richmond VA - LEE With Sig For Sale
This item has been shown 494 times.
"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword Marked Richmond VA - LEE With Sig:
"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword
Marked Richmond VA and LEE With Signatures
(Rare and 100% Authentic - Will accept partial trade)
♦♦♦ You will see close up details of a highly rare Confederate Sword ♦♦♦
- This is truly a one of a kind Stamped on the throat of the blade on one side Richmond VA and LEE stamped on the other side with signatures on the etched blade. Robert E. Lee had an Artillery Factory in Richmond including Camp LEE. This sword was made for a very important person and I have not located another the same in the many years of collecting Civil War Swords.
- The Union wanted General Lee to help Military operations, but General Lee chose to Operate Military which became The Confederate States of America in 1861, knowing that Virginia was General Lee's home State.
- Once The Confederate States was formed in Montgomery Alabama in early 1861 being one the first states to secede from the Union, making Jefferson Davis President of The Confederate States of America, he appointed General Lee to be in control of military operations. The Capital of The Confederate States was in Richmond VA. (Short Version)
- This model sword was used in 1845 in America's war against The American Mexican War which General Lee was highly involved in. When General Lee Was appointed to Command The Confederate States of America in Richmond VA being one of the largest Industrial Centers - Main Hub for Southern Manufacturing of Weapons - swords firearms, explosives, Clothing, everything "Camp LEE", this sword that was used by General Lee in the war of 1845 was a popular sword, but rare and to be one of many swords stamped by the Richmond VA factory LEE, stamped Richmond VA on one side of the ricasso throat beneath the guard flanges and LEE stamped on the opposite side of the sword throat. This was initially one of many that are lost that was the first sword to become CSA by General LEE.
- Richmond, Virginia, served as the capital of the Confederate States of America for almost the whole of the American Civil War. It was a vital source of weapons and supplies for the war effort, and the terminus of five railroads in both manufacturing and importing Confederate Arsenal.
The Union made many attempts to invade Richmond. In the Peninsula Campaign of 1862, General George McClellan moved up the James River, almost to the suburbs of the city, but was beaten back by Robert E. Lee in the Seven Days Battles. In 1864-5, General U.S. Grant laid siege to nearby Petersburg, whose evacuation by Lee caused the government to flee the capital, which the retreating Confederates left in flames.
- Sword Length with Scabbard: 41-1/4""
- Sword Length with no Scabbard: 38"
- Sword Blade Length: 32-3/4"
- Blade from spine to cutting edge: 1-3/16
- 100% solid with and complete with age, patina, no pitting "Original"
- About 50% of the blade is etched with floral on each side with Confederate marks engraved on the blade spine.
♠♠♠ Serious buyers - Buyers Only ♠♠♠
- Please pay at the end of this sale if you win. I like to have all shipments ready at one time for transport to USPS. This is my personal collection and not how I make a living to feed my family, which means time, gas, packing, printing labels, driving to USPS becomes time consuming. If you do not pay at the time you have won; will automatically cancel your order with in 12 hours of your win, and the item will go back up for offerding. (You will be blocked from any future offerding on my items). Your time and money is important which I respect; please show the same courtesy...
****Displays - Props Not Included****
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me