"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword Marked Richmond VA - LEE With Sig For Sale
This item has been shown 1271 times.
"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword Marked Richmond VA - LEE With Sig:
"Super Rare" c1829 Civil War Confederate Sword
Marked Richmond VA and LEE With Signatures
(Rare and 100% Authentic - Will accept partial trade)
♦♦♦ You will see close up details of a highly rare Confederate Sword ♦♦♦
**** First of all "PLEASE PAY" when the sale ends, otherwise I have to make several trips to USPS during business hours costing me time "3 hours", gas, loss of business and so on. Please note I am selling a portion of my personal antiques which do not pay the bills. I'm a buyer as well and when I offer and win, I pay immediately to not hold up my order or the seller. Your business is important to me, and I try to do my best in shipping out all items at the same time. Please be considerate and pay if you offer and win when the sale ends, not days later. ****
Please understand I am a collector of history but can only describe exactly as I see it. "You" make the final decision...
*** Highly Rare Sword and Scabbard Only.
- This is truly a one of a kind Stamped on the throat of the blade on one side Richmond VA and LEE stamped on the other side with signatures on the etched blade. Robert E. Lee had an Artillery Factory in Richmond including Camp LEE. This sword was made for a very important person and I have not located another the same in the many years of collecting Civil War Swords.
- The Union wanted General Lee to help Military operations, but General Lee chose to Operate Military which became The Confederate States of America in 1861, knowing that Virginia was General Lee's home State.
- Once The Confederate States was formed in Montgomery Alabama in early 1861 being one the first states to secede from the Union, making Jefferson Davis President of The Confederate States of America, he appointed General Lee to be in control of military operations. The Capital of The Confederate States was in Richmond VA. (Short Version)
- This model sword was used in 1845 in America's war against The American Mexican War which General Lee was highly involved in. When General Lee Was appointed to Command The Confederate States of America in Richmond VA being one of the largest Industrial Centers - Main Hub for Southern Manufacturing of Weapons - swords firearms, explosives, Clothing, everything "Camp LEE", this sword that was used by General Lee in the war of 1845 was a popular sword, but rare and to be one of many swords stamped by the Richmond VA factory LEE, stamped Richmond VA on one side of the ricasso throat beneath the guard flanges and LEE stamped on the opposite side of the sword throat. This was initially one of many that are lost that was the first sword to become CSA by General LEE.
- At the time of CSA becoming The Confederate States of America in 1861, all swords in hand became Confederate swords until CSA factories started manufacturing the actual CSA - CS swords. This LEE sword blade matches all Virginia made Confederate swords.
- Richmond, Virginia, served as the capital of the Confederate States of America for almost the whole period of the American Civil War. It was a vital source of weapons and supplies for the war effort, and the terminus of five railroads in both manufacturing and importing Confederate Arsenal.
The Union made many attempts to invade Richmond. In the Peninsula Campaign of 1862, General George McClellan moved up the James River, almost to the suburbs of the city, but was beaten back by Robert E. Lee in the Seven Days of Battles. In 1864-5, General U.S. Grant laid siege to nearby Petersburg, whose evacuation by Lee caused the government to flee the capital, which the retreating Confederates left in flames.
- Sword Length with Scabbard: 41-1/4""
- Sword Length with no Scabbard: 38"
- Sword Blade Length: 32-3/4"
- Blade from spine to cutting edge: 1-3/16
- 100% solid with and complete with age, patina, no pitting "Original"
- About 50% of the blade is etched with floral on each side with Confederate marks engraved on the blade spine.
- I have only added natural Japanese oil to preserve this beautiful sword.
- See High Resolution Photos for details and Serious buyers - Buyers Only ♠♠♠
- Please pay at the end of this sale if you win. I like to have all shipments ready at one time for transport to USPS. This is my personal collection and not how I make a living to feed my family, which means time, gas, packing, printing labels, driving to USPS becomes time consuming. If you do not pay at the time you have won; will automatically cancel your order with in 12 hours of your win, and the item will go back up for offerding. (You will be blocked from any future offerding on my items). Your time and money is important which I respect; please show the same courtesy...
- My photos are high resolution and we want buyers that take sales and buying serious and if for any reason you need more photos other then the photos I provide, please ask. I am an buyer as well and pay full attention to exactly what I buy including take 100% responsibility.
- I will not except excuses like not as described only due to buyers remorse, maybe a better priced item was located later at a better price, or you did not know what you were buying.
- I make it crystal clear about all that I know on my antiques placed for sale, with no shoot from the hip fabricated stories. If I do not know something about the item I am selling; I will state selling as unknown.
- Again these are my personal collection I have picked up for years worldwide, or possibly from knowing exactly what I was buying.
- I am always willing to work with buyers and sellers as long as there is 100% honesty, otherwise I will not except excuses. My time is valuable no different then an buyer or sellers time, and I take your business very serious including my time away from my family and real job.
- There are some bad eggs out there, which I have had my share of , but please note I have clearly stated exactly how I work and would expect the same from buyers as well.
Must be 18 years of age or older to offer or buy
Due to ITAR Federal Laws; No Military Items or Weapons are allowed to leave The United States...
****Displays - Props Not Included****
"IMPORTANT" We have had some buyers placing offers then not paying which takes away from other buyers. Not only does this take away from others, but I have to spend time with to try and get insertion fee's refunded due to non-pays, which is difficult.
If you are going to offer or buy, please make 100% sure you know exactly what you are offerding on or buying before pushing the offer or buy button. If there are unclear photos, please do let me know and more can be sent to you.
This is a limited time sale of years worth of antiquities and other items for sale to open up more room including too much business travel to enjoy them.
Rest assure this is not my job, but does take a lot to take photos, research including dealing with , which takes time away from my real work that places food on my families table.
has a strict policy: Pay if you win within 12 to 24 hours or will automatically place a non-pay against your account, and none of us want this.
Please offer, or buy if you can afford to enjoy, relish or give as a gift. But most of all know exactly what you are buying before just pushing the buttons to offer or buy. Again my photos are of the exact item and tell the story of its condition.
My response speaks for the quality, secure packing and fast shipping...
Once again, you get exactly what you see in my photos except any display items, backgrounds, props, etc.
* USA buyers Only with Confirmed Addresses, No P.O. Boxes Please, No United States Embassies
* No shipping "International, Puerto Rico, Alaska, or Hawaii (Contact Us)
* Payment via PayPal only
* Once again secured packaging for safe shipping
* Handling Time is 2 to 3 Business Days After Confirmed Payment
* Antiques, collectables and Electronics are AS-IS, please view pictures before offerding, this is a very nice addition to any collector
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me